running COPY with remote DB and local file

From: Majid Azimi <majid(dot)merkava(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: running COPY with remote DB and local file
Date: 2012-03-06 09:08:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi guys,

I'm going to run COPY from a shell script. But this script is running
on my local PC. The database is not local. Now which permission should
the output file?This is the command:

psql -U <user> -h <remote_ip> -d testdb -c "COPY (SELECT * FROM
main.data) TO /home/backup.sql WITH CSV HEADER;"

postgresql doc says:

Files named in a COPY command are read or written directly by the
server, not by the client application. Therefore, they must reside on
or be accessible to the database server machine, not the client. They
must be accessible to and readable or writable by the PostgreSQL user
(the user ID the server runs as), not the client.

I'm confused about permissions of the output when the DB is remote and
the output file is local.