Re: Forward compatibility of drivers

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Robert Jacoby <robert(dot)jacoby(at)rackspace(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Forward compatibility of drivers
Date: 2012-06-26 18:27:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Depending on what you are doing it will probably work. This assumes
you are only doing basic CRUD . It will only use protocol version 2.
Of course there's no guarantees. It is an unintended use case.

Better question is why would you not want to upgrade to the latest driver ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca