Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date: 2022-06-16 04:56:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:48 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:58 PM John Naylor
> <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 8:52 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Overall, radix tree implementations have good numbers. Once we got an
> > > agreement on moving in this direction, I'll start a new thread for
> > > that and move the implementation further; there are many things to do
> > > and discuss: deletion, API design, SIMD support, more tests etc.
> >
> > +1
> >

> Thanks!
>
> I've attached an updated version patch. It is still WIP but I've
> implemented deletion and improved test cases and comments.

I've attached an updated version patch that changes the configure
script. I'm still studying how to support AVX2 on msvc build. Also,
added more regression tests.

The integration with lazy vacuum and parallel vacuum is missing for
now. In order to support parallel vacuum, we need to have the radix
tree support to be created on DSA.

Added this item to the next CF.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
radixtree_wip_v3.patch application/x-patch 69.9 KB