Re: vacuumdb and new VACUUM options

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: vacuumdb and new VACUUM options
Date: 2019-05-08 00:26:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 2:41 AM Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> vacuumdb command supports the corresponding options to
> any VACUUM parameters except INDEX_CLEANUP and TRUNCATE
> that were added recently. Should vacuumdb also support those
> new parameters, i.e., add --index-cleanup and --truncate options
> to the command?

I think it's a good idea to add new options of these parameters for
vacuumdb. While making INDEX_CLEANUP option patch I also attached the
patch for INDEX_CLEANUP parameter before[1], although it adds
--disable-index-cleanup option instead.

[1] 0002 patch on
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoBtM%3DHGLkMKBgch37mf0-epa3_o%3DY1PU0_m9r5YmtS-NQ%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,