Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date: 2024-03-07 15:34:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 8:06 PM John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 4:47 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 6:37 PM John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > > $ git grep 'link_with: pgport_srv'
> > > src/test/modules/test_radixtree/meson.build: link_with: pgport_srv,
> > >
> > > No other test module uses this directive, and indeed, removing this
> > > still builds fine for me. Thoughts?
> >
> > Yeah, it could be the culprit. The test_radixtree/meson.build is the
> > sole extension that explicitly specifies a link with pgport_srv. I
> > think we can get rid of it as I've also confirmed the build still fine
> > even without it.
>
> olingo and grassquit have turned green, so that must have been it.

Cool!

I've attached the remaining patches for CI. I've made some minor
changes in separate patches and drafted the commit message for
tidstore patch.

While reviewing the tidstore code, I thought that it would be more
appropriate to place tidstore.c under src/backend/lib instead of
src/backend/common/access since the tidstore is no longer implemented
only for heap or other access methods, and it might also be used by
executor nodes in the future. What do you think?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Attachment Content-Type Size
v68-ART.tar.gz application/x-gzip 32.4 KB