Common slow query reasons - help with a special log

From: Daniel Cristian Cruz <danielcristian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Common slow query reasons - help with a special log
Date: 2011-12-10 16:52:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out some common slow queries running on the server, by
analyzing the slow queries log.

I found debug_print_parse, debug_print_rewritten, debug_print_plan, which
are too much verbose and logs all queries.

I was thinking in something like a simple explain analyze just for queries
logged with log_min_duration_statement with the query too.

Is there a way to configure PostgreSQL to get this kind of information,
maybe I'm missing something? Is it too hard to hack into sources and do it
by hand? I never touched PostgreSQL sources.

I'm thinking to write a paper that needs this information for my
postgraduate course. The focus of my work will be the log data, not
PostgreSQL itself. If I succeed, maybe it can be a tool to help all of us.

Thank you,
--
Daniel Cristian Cruz
クルズ クリスチアン ダニエル