Re: Add generate_series(numeric, numeric)

From: Ali Akbar <the(dot)apaan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add generate_series(numeric, numeric)
Date: 2014-10-06 15:12:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> + select * from generate_series(0.1::numeric, 10.0::numeric, 0.1::numeric);
> + generate_series
> + -----------------
> + 0.1
> + 10.0
> + (100 rows)
>
> Unless there is a good reason, can you please keep individual test
> output fewer than 100 lines? I think the 41-line result is an overkill
> as well. This just bloats the repository size unnecessarily.

Okay. In this revision i cut the tests' result except the last one (the one
that tests values just before numeric overflow).

> Also, I see that this patch was added to the 2014-10 commitfest and
> then deleted again (by user apaan). Why?

User apaan is me. When i added to the commitfest, the patch is listed there
by me (apaan). I only added some bits from original patch by Платон Малюгин
that was revised further by Michael Paquier. So i think they should have
the credits for this patch, not me.
In this situation, what should i do?

Thanks for the review Manti!

Regards,
--
Ali Akbar

Attachment Content-Type Size
20141006a_generate_series_numeric.patch text/x-diff 11.3 KB