Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache

From: Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Palak Chaturvedi <chaturvedipalak1911(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jim(dot)nasby(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache
Date: 2024-03-07 17:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Quite an interesting patch, in my opinion. I've decided to work on it a
bit, did some refactoring (sorry) and add
basic tests. Also, I try to take into account as much as possible notes on
the patch, mentioned by Cédric Villemain.

> and maybe better to go with FlushOneBuffer() ?
It's a good idea, but I'm not sure at the moment. I'll try to dig some
deeper into it. At least, FlushOneBuffer does
not work for a local buffers. So, we have to decide whatever
pg_buffercache_invalidate should or should not
work for local buffers. For now, I don't see why it should not. Maybe I
miss something?

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Invalidate-Buffer-By-Bufnum.patch application/octet-stream 7.9 KB