Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT
Date: 2016-12-31 12:33:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:57 AM, Peter Eisentraut <
peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> A further step toward getting rid of the DSSSL tool chain requirement,
> here is a patch to change the generation of the text INSTALL file to use
> XLST and Pandoc.
>
> The change to Pandoc is not essential to this change, but it creates
> much better looking output and simplifies the locale/encoding handling
> over using Lynx.

Yeah, that seems a lot more clean than using Lynx.

> We'll need to get Pandoc installed on borka and check that that version
> works as well as the one I have been using.

Borka being a standard debian jessie install has Pandoc
1.12.4.2~dfsg-1+b14. Should be no problem installing that.

I ran a "make INSTALL" on a jessie box, and it comes out with some
formatting still in the file, see attachment. That seems incorrect.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
INSTALL application/octet-stream 64.8 KB