Re: Refectoring of receivelog.c

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refectoring of receivelog.c
Date: 2016-03-13 12:12:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 12:15 AM, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
> wrote:

> On 03/11/2016 11:15 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> Pushed with updated comments and a named stsruct.
>>

> Pretty sure this memset call in pg_basebackup.c is incorrect, as it passes
> parameters in the wrong order:
>
> MemSet(&stream, sizeof(stream), 0);
>
> It seems benign, because we're setting all the fields explicitly, but gcc
> is nagging about it.

Indeed,that's backwards. Interestingly enough I thought I did a c&p between
that and the one in pg_receivexlog.c, but clearly I did not. And my gcc did
not nag about it.

Fixed, thanks for the pointer!

--
Magnus Hagander