Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updating the postgresql.org monitoring server
Date: 2012-03-23 21:10:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 17:14, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> We're refreshing the hardware on which the Nagios, Munin and
> automirror services run. As this box is a VMware virtual machine,
> there will be downtime whilst it's moved to the new host. I'm working
> with the hosting provider to plan this, but it'll probably be done on
> Monday.

When it's brought back, please do a check to see that it doesn't end
up spewing out hundreds of monitoring messages as it comes up, in case
it was running for a while without proper access to the network..
That's quite annoying, and I've seen it happen in other such
migrations...

Other than that, +1 :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander