Checksum errors in pg_stat_database

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Checksum errors in pg_stat_database
Date: 2019-01-11 10:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would it make sense to add a column to pg_stat_database showing the total
number of checksum errors that have occurred in a database?

It's really a ">1 means it's bad", but it's a lot easier to monitor that in
the statistics views, and given how much a lot of people set their systems
out to log, it's far too easy to miss individual checksum matches in the
logs.

If we track it at the database level, I don't think the overhead of adding
one more counter would be very high either.

--
Magnus Hagander