Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: 曾文旌 <wenjing(dot)zwj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca" <movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca>, Prabhat Sahu <prabhat(dot)sahu(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Date: 2020-11-26 10:44:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 4:05 PM 曾文旌 <wenjing(dot)zwj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > I found that the new Patch mail failed to register to Commitfest
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/28/2349/#
> > I don't know what's wrong and how to check it?
> > Could you help me figure it out?
>
> Apparently the attachment in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/A3F1EBD9-E694-4384-8049-37B09308491B@alibaba-inc.com
> wasn't detected. I have no idea why, maybe Magnus will know.
> Otherwise you could try to ask on -www.

Not offhand. The email appeas to have a fairly complex nested mime
structure, so something in the python library that parses the MIME
decides that it's not there. For some reason the email is 7 parts. 1
is the signature, the rest seems complexly nested. And the attachment
seems to be squeezed in between two different HTML parts.

Basically, at the top it's multipart/alternative, which says there are
two choices. One is text/plain, which is what the archives uses. The
other is a combination of text/html followed by
application/octetstream (the patch) followed by another text/html.

The archives picks the first alternative, which is text/plain, which
does not contain the attachment. The attachment only exists in the
HTML view.

I think the easiest solution is to re-send as plain text email with
the attachment, which would then put the attachment on the email
itself instead of embedded in the HTML, I would guess.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/