Re: Move OpenSSL random under USE_OPENSSL_RANDOM

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Move OpenSSL random under USE_OPENSSL_RANDOM
Date: 2020-11-20 12:59:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 3:31 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 09:49:05PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Ugh, that's pretty terrible.
>
> I have spent some time testing this part this morning, and I can see
> that genhtml does not complain with your patch. It looks like in the
> case of 2771fce the tool got confused because the same function was
> getting compiled twice for the backend and the frontend, but here you
> only get one code path compiled depending on the option used.
>
> +#else /* not OPENSSL or WIN32 */
> I think you mean USE_OPENSSL or just OpenSSL here, but not "OPENSSL".

Yeah. Well, I either meant "OpenSSL or Win32" or "USE_OPENSSL or
WIN32", and ended up with some incorrect mix :) Thanks, fixed.

> pg_strong_random.c needs a pgindent run, there are two inconsistent
> diffs. Looks fine except for those nits.

I saw only one after this, but maybe I ended up auto-fixing it whenI
changed that define.

That said, pgindent now run, and patch pushed.

Thanks!

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/