Re: 8.2.23 packages?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.23 packages?
Date: 2012-04-23 09:58:08
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 17:27, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> wrote:
> Re: Magnus Hagander 2012-04-20 <CABUevEyzAZHwxNzBaUn-MwD5WXRwh1iGHXD4xv=HS2Vmt8iR1Q(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
>> Just a few quick notes:
>> I assume bzr is required in order to work well with the debian
>> buildbots and such? If not, why use a different scm than all other
>> postgres projects? (If that is the reason, then it's a good one, of
>> course)
>
> That's because Martin is maintaining the packages using bzr. Using a
> different VCS would just make pulling updates harder.

Ah. Well, there's the reason I was looking for - that makes perfect
sense, and it's more important to have the same one there than with
the main project.

> https://code.launchpad.net/~pitti/postgresql/
>
> The repositories just contain a debian/ directory that will work on
> top of the postgresql source tree.
>
> (And because .git != .bzr you can even do that with git clones instead
> of with tarballs. Two VCSes in one directory!)

Right.

So, I remain at two questions ;)

1) can we break down the TODO list into smaller pieces somehow? With
more direct listings of what needs to be done, so we can somehow
estimate when it can be done?

2) Do we want the project management somewhere more than a wiki page?
(and if we do want a wiki page, should we consider the pg wiki which
probably more people involved will have accounts at?). Much as I hate
it as a tool, if upstream is on launchpad, is there a point to using
that? Or as I offered before, a separate redmine setup on pg.org. Or
anything like that. I dont' really care about which one, but a plain
wiki page seems a bit clunky to me (says the guy representing a
project that refuses to have an issue tracker, but let's not get into
that discussion)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/