Re: xlog filename formatting functions in recovery

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>, Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: xlog filename formatting functions in recovery
Date: 2012-07-03 12:16:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >>(added to commitfest:
> >> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=888)
> > It seems you have added it in current commit fest.
> > Shouldn't it be added for next CF.
>
> Yep. The current CF has been closed to new submissions for two and a
> half weeks.

Might this be something to consder for 9.2, though? It could be considered
a bugfix.

On the substance of the patch, I believe the reason why this is
> currently disallowed is because the TLI is implicitly taken from the
> running system, and on the standby that might be the wrong value.
>
> I might be misremembering.

That is, however, assuming that this part is not true. I don't recall for
sure, but I have a feeling it might be correct. In which case a much bigger
patch is needed, and definitely not something for 9.2...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/