Call for Papers - PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2012

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Call for Papers - PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2012
Date: 2012-05-15 19:43:24
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-advocacy

PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2012 will be held on October 23-26 in
Prague, The Czech Republic, at the Corinthia hotel. It will cover
topics for PostgreSQL users, developers and contributors, as well as
decision and policy makers. For more information about the conference,
please see the website at http://2012.pgconf.eu/.

We are now accepting proposals for talks. Please note that we are
looking for talks in English and Czech.

Each session will last 45 minutes, and may be on any topic related to
PostgreSQL. Suggested topic areas include:

* Developing applications for PostgreSQL
* Administering large scale PostgreSQL installations
* Case studies and/or success stories of PostgreSQL deployments
* PostgreSQL tools and utilities
* PostgreSQL hacking
* Community & user groups
* Tuning the server
* Migrating from other systems
* Scaling/replication
* Benchmarking & hardware
* PostgreSQL related products

Of course, we're happy to receive proposals for talks on other
PostgreSQL related topics as well.

We also have a limited number of longer, 90-minute, slots available.
Please indicate clearly in your submission if you wish to make a
90-minute talk.

Finally, there will be a session of five minute lightning talks. A
separate call for proposals will be made for them further on.

The submission deadline is August 1st, 2012. Selected speakers will be
notified before August 15th, 2012.

Please submit your proposals by going to
http://2012.pgconf.eu/callforpapers and following the instructions.

If your proposal is in a non-english language, please include a
single-sentence description of the presentation in English as well in
the field for submission notes.

The proposals will be considered by committee who will produce a
schedule to be published nearer the conference date.

All selected speakers will get free entry to the conference (excluding
training sessions). We do not in general cover travel and
accommodations for speakers, but may be able to do so in limited
cases. If you require assistance with funding to be able to attend
please make a note of this in the submission notes field.

This call for papers is also available on the web at
http://2012.pgconf.eu/callforpapers

We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you in Prague in October!