effective_io_concurrency with an SSD SAN?

From: "Evan D(dot) Hoffman" <evandhoffman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: effective_io_concurrency with an SSD SAN?
Date: 2013-08-20 12:27:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Given a system with 32 cores, an SSD SAN with 48x drives, and 2x 8Gbps
paths from the server to the SAN, what would be a good starting point
to set effective_io_concurrency? I currently have it set to 32, but I
kind of feel like the right setting would be "2" since we have two
paths. We don't often saturate both links but it does happen from
time to time.