MERGE SQL statement for PG12

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MERGE SQL statement for PG12
Date: 2018-06-19 11:06:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I would like to resubmit the MERGE patch for PG12. The past discussions
about the patch can be found here [1] [2].

The patch is rebased on the current master. But otherwise I haven't done
any further work on it since it was punted from PG11. Couple of hackers had
expressed desire to review the patch much more carefully and possibly also
help in reworking some bits of it. So the idea is to get those reviews
going. Once that happens, I can address the review comments in a more
meaningful way.

Thanks,
Pavan

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANP8%2BjKitBSrB7oTgT9CY2i1ObfOt36z0XMraQc%2BXrz8QB0nXA%40mail.gmail.com

[2]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-WzkJdBuxj9PO%3D2QaO9-3h3xGbQPZ34kJH%3DHukRekwM-GZg%40mail.gmail.com

--
Pavan Deolasee http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-MERGE-SQL-Command-following-SQL-2016.patch application/octet-stream 388.1 KB