Re: A note about debugging TAP failures

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: A note about debugging TAP failures
Date: 2017-04-23 02:31:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
> Skipping the tempdir and instead using ${testname}_data_${name} without a
> random suffix, we can achieve this with something along the lines of the
> attached PoC. It works as now (retain of failure, remove on success unless
> overridden) but that logic can easily be turned around if we want that. If
> it’s of interest I can pursue this after some sleep (tomorrow has become today
> at this point).

Yes, something like that may make sense as well for readability.

Keeping folders in case of failures is something that I have been
advocating in favor of for some time, but this never got into the tree
:(

There is a patch from Horiguchi-san that allows actually such a thing,
have a look at patch 0006 on this email:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMsr+YEc2Ek=qJFJ2JeV7Spz69pOduoUJXBowZMppVYdeieRdA@mail.gmail.com

The same concept rebased gives the attached. I didn't double-check the
compatibility with past versions of Test:More though..
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
tap-keep-tempdirs.patch text/x-patch 390 bytes