Re: Showing parallel status in \df+

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Showing parallel status in \df+
Date: 2016-07-11 03:46:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> If we're keeping the "Source code" column, I'd be inclined to keep
> "Language" adjacent to that. When thinking of a function as a black
> box, both language and source code are implementation details; but
> all the other properties listed here are of interest anyway.

OK, no objections to that. And this gives the attached.

> (Of course, if we were to get rid of "Source code", the point
> would be moot ...)

I still think that having source code is useful for debugging, so I
left it out. Note for the committer who will perhaps pick up this
patch: I left out "Source Code", but feel free to remove it if you
think the contrary. It is easier to remove code than adding it back.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-function-describe-v3.patch application/x-patch 3.3 KB