Re: Race conditions with WAL sender PID lookups

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Race conditions with WAL sender PID lookups
Date: 2017-07-07 06:02:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:
> Bundling code cleanup into commits that also do something else is strictly
> worse than bundling whitespace cleanup, which is itself bad:
> https://postgr.es/m/flat/20160113144826(dot)GB3379802(at)tornado(dot)leadboat(dot)com

FWIW, I agree with that. I favor as well separate commits for cleanups
and for fixes, so as each commit has its own goal and protects it.

(The cleanups discussed on this thread have been partially done in
commit 572d6ee where a bug has been fixed, not by me on the patches I
submitted ;) )
--
Michael