Re: Fix broken Install.bat when target directory contains a space

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Asif Naeem <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fix broken Install.bat when target directory contains a space
Date: 2015-04-21 13:02:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Asif Naeem <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> The v2 patch looks good to me, just a minor concern on usage message i.e.
>
> C:\PG\postgresql\src\tools\msvc>install
>> Invalid command line options.
>> Usage: "install.bat <targetdir> [installtype]"
>> installtype: client
>

> It seems that there are two install options i.e. client, all (any other
> string other than client is being considered or treated as all), the
> following install command works i.e.
>
> install C:\PG\postgresql\inst option_does_not_exist
>

> As your patch effects this area of code, I thought to share these findings
> with you,o BTW, it is a minor thing that can be handled in another patch,

Well, that's the same behavior that this script has been having for ages.
Let's just update the usage message to mention both "all" and "client". I
see no point in breaking a behavior that has been like that for ages, and
the main point of this patch is to fix the install path issue.

> If you like please feel free to change status to ready for committer.

Well, I don't think that the patch author should do that. So I won't do it
by myself.

Attached is an updated patch.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20150421_fix_msvc_install_v3.patch text/x-diff 1.1 KB