Re: moving from contrib to bin

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date: 2014-12-16 06:39:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Michael Paquier
>>> Do you need some help here?
>> Sure.
Peter,

Attached is a patch that can be applied on your existing set to
complete support on Windows for the move to src/bin. For MinGW there
was nothing to do, but on MSVC we have to declare frontend utilities
in the build scripts, which is roughly what this patch does. There are
as well some updates needed for clean.bat and the regression test
script. I did the following checks btw:
- Checked the builds worked correctly
- Checked that file version information was generated when building
with either MinGW or MSVC
- Checked that clean.bat ran correctly
- Checked that vcregress upgradecheck was working correctly
- Checked as well the other regression tests, but that's minor here...
I also noticed when looking at your patches that we actually forgot to
ignore the *.bat scripts generated by regressions of pg_upgrade when
running vcregress upgradecheck with MSVC stuff, but that's a different
issue that I reported on a new thread. It is included in my patch btw
for completeness.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20141216_srcbin_win.patch application/octet-stream 5.9 KB