Addition of pg_dump --no-publications

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Subject: Addition of pg_dump --no-publications
Date: 2017-05-11 06:19:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I imagine that pg_dump -s would be the basic operation that users
would do first before creating a subcription on a secondary node, but
what I find surprising is that publications are dumped by default. I
don't find confusing that those are actually included by default to be
consistent with the way subcriptions are handled, what I find
confusing is that there are no options to not dump them, and no
options to bypass their restore.

So, any opinions about having pg_dump/pg_restore --no-publications?
Thanks,
--
Michael