Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Subject: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test
Date: 2017-04-03 13:07:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

The $subject has been mentioned a couple of times already, the last
one being here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170401072814.GA2528448@tornado.leadboat.com

The code tree has to maintain now two set of scripts for the same
test: test.sh for all *nix platforms, and vcregress.pl for MSVC.
Attached is a patch to remove that and replace the existing test by a
TAP test. The size of the patch speaks by itself:

I had for some time a WIP patch on which dust has accumulated, so
attached is a more polished version. In more details, here is what
happens:
- test.sh is removed.
- vcregress.pl loses upgradecheck.
- The new test is added. In the case of MSVC this is now part of bincheck.
Patch has been tested on macos and Windows.

I am parking that in the next commit fest.

Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgupgrade-tap-test.patch application/octet-stream 17.8 KB