Re: File based Incremental backup v8

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Marco Nenciarini <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: File based Incremental backup v8
Date: 2015-03-09 23:25:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:50 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think there's absolutely no point in spending more time on this for
> 9.5. At least 4 committers have looked at it and none of them are
> convinced by the current design; feedback from almost half a year ago
> hasn't been incorporated; obviously-needed parts of the patch
> (pg_restorebackup) are missing weeks after the last CF deadline.
> Let's mark this Rejected in the CF app and move on.

Agreed. I lost a bit interest in this patch lately, but if all the
necessary parts of the patch were not posted before the CF deadline
that's not something we should consider for integration at this point.
Let's give it a couple of months of fresh air and, Gabriele, I am sure
you will be able to come back with something far more advanced for the
first CF of 9.6.
--
Michael