Re: Useless dependency assumption libxml2 -> libxslt in MSVC scripts

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Useless dependency assumption libxml2 -> libxslt in MSVC scripts
Date: 2016-09-11 13:06:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> It might accidentally fail to fail as-is, but likely it would be better
> not to be pushing garbage paths into extraincludes and extralibs when
> some of those options aren't set.

Right, we need to correct something here. But this block does not need
any adjustment: it can just be deleted. A contrib module is added via
AddProject() in Solution.pm, and if the build is done with xml, xslt
or iconv their libraries and includes are added in any case, for any
declared project. So declaring a dependency with xml or xslt is just
moot work, and actually this would be broken without AddProject
because it is missing to list iconv.lib... At the same time, I think
that we could fix the inclusions with uuid for uuid-ossp, and just put
them as well in AddProject with the rest. Please see the updated
cleanup patch attached.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc_depend_cleanup.patch text/x-diff 2.1 KB