Re: moving from contrib to bin

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date: 2014-12-23 06:24:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> And here is an updated patch following those lines. Similarly to the
>> things in contrib/, a set of variables are used to define for each
>> module what are the extra libraries, include dirs, etc. This refactors
>> quite a bit of code, even if there are a couple of exceptions like
>> pg_xlogdump/ or pg_basebackup/.
>
> In a broad look, this looks a lot better. I think we should press
> forward with this whole set of patches and see what the buildfarm
> thinks.
Here is a new series of patches for all those things, with the
following additions:
- Some cleanup for MSVC scripts compared to last patch
- Moved documentation to ref/
- Removed mention to the authors of the utilities moved (?)
This set of patches is basically made of the former set, with 2
additional patches for MSVC stuff and documentation pages moved to
ref/.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20141223_contrib_to_bin.tar.gz application/x-gzip 241.4 KB