LSN as a recovery target

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: LSN as a recovery target
Date: 2016-05-24 01:12:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Today somebody has pointed me out that it could be interesting to be
able to recovery up to a given LSN position. One argument behind that
was to allow a maximum of things to recover up to the point where a
relation block got corrupted by a specific record because of a broken
segment. So that would be simply having recovery_target_lsn in
recovery.conf similar to what we have now.
Thoughts?
--
Michael