Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date: 2014-12-09 07:44:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Michael Paquier
>> Adding on top of that a couple of things cleaned up, like docs and
>> typos, and I got the patch attached. Let's have a committer have a
>> look a it now, I am marking that as "Ready for Committer".
> For the archives, this has been committed as fe263d1. Thanks Simon for
> looking and the final push. And sorry that I didn't spot the issue
> with tap tests when reviewing, check-world passed but my dev VM missed
> necessary perl packages.
While re-looking at that. I just found that when selecting the
relations that are reindexed for a schema we ignore materialized view
as the key scan is only done using 'r' as relkind. The patch attached
fixes that.
Thanks,
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20141209_reindex_schema_matview.patch application/x-patch 4.2 KB