Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amir Rohan <amir(dot)rohan(at)zoho(dot)com>
Subject: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-10-04 11:03:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 10:47 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> TODO
> Well. I just recalled this item in the list of things you mentioned. I
> marked it but forgot to address it. It sounds right that we may want
> something using pg_isready in a loop as a node in recovery would
> reject connections.

I just hacked up an updated version with the following things:
- Optional argument for stop_node to define the stop mode of pg_ctl
- Addition of wait_for_node where pg_isready is used to wait until a
node is ready to accept queries
- Addition of a local lookup variable to track the last port assigned.
This accelerates get_free_port.