Re: Memory leak fixes for pg_dump, pg_dumpall, initdb and pg_upgrade

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Memory leak fixes for pg_dump, pg_dumpall, initdb and pg_upgrade
Date: 2015-06-08 13:26:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Michael Paquier
> Hi all,
>
> Please find attached a set of fixes for a couple of things in src/bin:
> - pg_dump/pg_dumpall:
> -- getFormattedTypeName, convertTSFunction and myFormatType return
> strdup'd results that are never free'd.
> -- convertTSFunction returns const char. I fail to see the point of
> that... In my opinion we are fine with just returning a char pointer,
> which is strdup'd so as it can be freed by the caller.
> - initdb's and pg_regress' use getaddrinfo, but do not free the
> returned result with freeaddrinfo().
> - Coverity noticed on the way some leaked memory in pg_upgrade's
> equivalent_locale().
>
> Those issues have been mostly spotted by Coverity, I may have spotted
> some of them while looking at similar code paths... In any case that's
> Coverity's win ;)

Attached are new patches, I simplified the use of free in the fixes of
pg_dumpall.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-some-memory-leaks-in-pg_dump-and-pg_dumpall.patch text/x-diff 8.6 KB
0002-Additional-leak-fixes-for-src-bin-stuff.patch text/x-diff 2.6 KB