Re: Fix overflow in DecodeInterval

From: Joseph Koshakow <koshy44(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix overflow in DecodeInterval
Date: 2022-02-20 00:16:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached is a patch of my first pass. The to_char method isn't finished
and I need to add a bunch of tests, but everything else is in place. It
ended up being a fairly large change in case anyone wants to take a look
the changes so far.

One thing I noticed is that interval.c has a ton of code copied and pasted
from other files. The code seemed out of date from those other files, so
I tried to bring it up to date and add my changes.

- Joe Koshakow

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Check-for-overflow-when-decoding-an-interval.patch text/x-patch 82.3 KB