Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
Date: 2022-04-08 11:15:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 at 17:49, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached updated patch with these changes.

Thanks for making the changes. I started looking over this patch but
really feel like it needs quite a few more iterations of what we've
just been doing to get it into proper committable shape. There seems
to be only about 40 mins to go before the freeze, so it seems very
unrealistic that it could be made to work.

I started trying to take a serious look at it this evening, but I feel
like I just failed to get into it deep enough to make any meaningful
improvements. I'd need more time to study the problem before I could
build up a proper opinion on how exactly I think it should work.

Anyway. I've attached a small patch that's just a few things I
adjusted or questions while reading over your v13 patch. Some of
these are just me questioning your code (See XXX comments) and some I
think are improvements. Feel free to take the hunks that you see fit
and drop anything you don't.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
misc_fixes.patch.txt text/plain 15.8 KB