Re: Record a Bitmapset of non-pruned partitions

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Record a Bitmapset of non-pruned partitions
Date: 2021-07-12 02:47:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 at 03:24, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The good news is that the code in partitions_are_ordered() became even
> more simple as a result of this change. We can do ordered scan simply
> when !bms_overlap(live_parts, boundinfo->interleaved_parts).

I've spent a bit more time revising the 0002 patch so that we're a bit
more strict about when we mark a partition as interleaved. For
example, if the DEFAULT partition happens to be the only partition,
then I'm no longer classing that as interleaved as there's nothing for
it to be interleaved with.

This also fixes up the not-so-robust check that I had to check if the
NULL partition allowed other Datums.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Track-non-pruned-partitions-in-RelOptInfo.patch application/octet-stream 8.2 KB
v3-0002-Allow-ordered-partition-scans-in-more-cases.patch application/octet-stream 20.9 KB