Re: heapgettup refactoring

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: heapgettup refactoring
Date: 2023-03-19 09:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 at 15:09, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Using the tests mentioned in [1], I tested out
> remove_HeapScanDescData_rs_inited_field.patch. It's not looking very
> promising at all.

In light of the performance regression from removing the rs_inited
field, let's just forget doing that for now. It does not really seem
that important compared to the other work that's already been done.

If one of us gets time during the v17 cycle, then maybe we can revisit it then.

I'll mark the patch as committed in the CF app.

David