Re: Patch to improve a few appendStringInfo* calls

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to improve a few appendStringInfo* calls
Date: 2015-05-12 08:33:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12 May 2015 at 12:57, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> On 4/11/15 6:25 AM, David Rowley wrote:
> > I've attached a small patch which just fixes a few appendStringInfo*
> > calls that are not quite doing things the way that it was intended.
>
> done

Thank you for pushing.

Shortly after I sent the previous patch I did a few more searches and also
found some more things that are not quite right.
Most of these are to use the binary append method when the length of the
string is already known.
There's also some fixes in there for appendPQExpBufferStr too.

I've re-based the patch and attached here.

Regards

David Rowley

Attachment Content-Type Size
appendStringInfo_fixes_2015-05-12.patch application/octet-stream 17.8 KB