Re: Unaccent extension python script Issue in Windows

From: Hugh Ranalli <hugh(at)whtc(dot)ca>
To: Ramanarayana <raam(dot)soft(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unaccent extension python script Issue in Windows
Date: 2019-03-18 00:23:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Ram,
Thanks for doing this; I've been overestimating my ability to get to things
over the last couple of weeks.

I've looked at the patch and have made one minor change. I had moved all
the imports up to the top, to keep them in one place (and I think some had
originally been used only by the Python 2 code. You added them there, but
didn't remove them from their original positions. So I've incorporated that
into your patch, attached as v2. I've tested this under Python 2 and 3 on
Linux, not Windows.

Everything else looks correct. I apologise for not having replied to your
question in the original bug report. I had intended to, but as I said,
there's been an increase in the things I need to juggle at the moment.

Best wishes,
Hugh

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 22:58, Ramanarayana <raam(dot)soft(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> I have abstracted out the windows compatibility changes from your patch to
> a new patch and tested it. Added the patch to
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/23/
>
> Please feel free to change it if it requires any changes.
>
> Cheers
> Ram 4.0

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2_unaccent_windows_compatibility.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB