Re: old_snapshot: add test for coverage

From: Dong Wook Lee <sh95119(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, daniel(at)yesql(dot)se
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: old_snapshot: add test for coverage
Date: 2022-12-06 15:00:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 2:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Dong Wook Lee <sh95119(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > I wrote a test of the old_snapshot extension for coverage.
>
> Hmm, does this really provide any meaningful coverage? The test
> sure looks like it's not doing much.

Previously written tests were simply test codes to increase coverage.
Therefore, we can make a better test.
I'll think about it by this week. If this work exceeds my ability, I
will let you know by reply.
It's okay that the issue should be closed unless I write a meaningful test.

---
Regards,
DongWook Lee.