Auto explain after query timeout

From: James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Auto explain after query timeout
Date: 2022-09-20 17:34:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hopefully I'm not missing something obvious, but as far as I know
there's no way to configure auto explain to work fire
statement_timeout fires.

I'd like to look into this at some point, but I'm wondering if anyone
has thought about it before, and, if so, is there any obvious
impediment to doing so?

Thanks,
James Coleman