Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki

From: Jan Michálek <godzilalalala(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Date: 2017-02-28 13:23:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Current state is something like this (diff is attached).
I currently haven`t regression test, tab completion etc., I will add this
thing following structure of asciidoc commit.

Output is tested using retext, rst is OK, md have problem with cells with
newline (i must find out, how it is possible create table with this in
markdown).

[jelen(at)laptak patch_postgre_rst]$
[jelen(at)laptak psql]$ ./psql
psql (9.6.2, server 9.6.1)
Type "help" for help.

jelen=# \pset linestyle markdown
Line style is markdown.
jelen=# values(E'nasral Franta\nna trabanta','Žluťoučký kobyly'),
('''',E'a\tb') \g | xclip
jelen=# values(E'nasral Franta\nna trabanta','Žluťoučký kobyly'),
('''',E'a\tb') \g

| column1 | column2 |
|---------------|------------------|
| nasral Franta | Žluťoučký kobyly |
| na trabanta | |
| ' | a b |

(2 rows)

jelen=# \pset linestyle rst
Line style is rst.
jelen=# values(E'nasral Franta\nna trabanta','Žluťoučký kobyly'),
| column1 | column2 |

--
Jelen
Starší čeledín datovýho chlíva

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch_markdown_rst.txt text/plain 3.3 KB