Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb

From: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Neha Sharma <neha(dot)sharma(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb
Date: 2021-03-25 10:48:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:10 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Sorry for the bug.
>
> At Thu, 25 Mar 2021 01:50:29 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote in
> >
> > > A quick question: Can't it be a macro instead of an inline function
> > > like other macros we have in rel.h?
> >
> > The multiple-evaluation hazard seems like an issue. We've tolerated
> > such hazards in the past, but mostly just because we weren't relying
> > on static inlines being available, so there wasn't a good way around
> > it.
> >
> > Also, the conditional evaluation here would look rather ugly
> > in a macro, I think, if indeed you could do it at all without
> > provoking compiler warnings.
>
> FWIW, +1 for the function as is.

Ok, in the attached patch, I have added the inline function to rel.h, and for
that, I end up including smgr.h to rel.h. I tried to replace all rel->rd_smgr
by RelationGetSmgr() function and removed the RelationOpenSmgr() call from
the nearby to it which I don't think needed at all.

Regards,
Amul

Attachment Content-Type Size
Add-RelationGetSmgr-inline-function.patch application/x-patch 33.5 KB