Re: background sessions

From: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Borodin <amborodin(at)acm(dot)org>
Subject: Re: background sessions
Date: 2017-01-03 06:26:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>>> Yes, I will look into that.
>>
>> Thank you. I'm marking both patches as "Waiting for author", keeping
>> in mind that pg_background is waiting for bgsessions.
>> After updates I'll review these patches.
>
> New patch, mainly with the function split as you requested above, not
> much else changed.

Thanks for your v2 patch, this is really helpful.

One more requirement for pg_background is session, command_qh,
response_qh and worker_handle should be last longer than current
memory context, for that we might need to allocate these in
TopMemoryContext. Please find attach patch does the same change in
BackgroundSessionStart().

Do let me know if you have any other thoughts/suggestions, thank you.

Regards,
Amul

Attachment Content-Type Size
BackgroundSessionStart.patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB