Re: Hash Indexes

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hash Indexes
Date: 2016-08-05 11:36:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> I did some basic testing of same. In that I found one issue with cursor.

Thanks for the testing. The reason for failure was that the patch
didn't take into account the fact that for scrolling cursors, scan can
reacquire the lock and pin on bucket buffer multiple times. I have
fixed it such that we release the pin on bucket buffers after we scan
the last overflow page in bucket. Attached patch fixes the issue for
me, let me know if you still see the issue.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
concurrent_hash_index_v4.patch application/octet-stream 100.3 KB