Re: Logical Replication - behavior of ALTER PUBLICATION .. DROP TABLE and ALTER SUBSCRIPTION .. REFRESH PUBLICATION

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "Hou, Zhijie" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)cn(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-01-23 06:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Bharath Rupireddy
<bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> Yes you are right. Looks like the above commit is causing the issue. I
> reverted that commit and did not see the drop publication bug, see use
> case [1].

Okay, thanks for confirming the same. I am planning to push the
attached where I made changes in few comments, combined the code and
test patch, and made a few changes in the commit message. Let me know
if you have any suggestions?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Fix-ALTER-PUBLICATION.DROP-TABLE-behavior.patch application/octet-stream 6.5 KB