Re: BUG #17157: authorizaiton of dict_int and bloom extention

From: Neil Chen <carpenter(dot)nail(dot)cz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bjzhangl(at)cn(dot)ibm(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17157: authorizaiton of dict_int and bloom extention
Date: 2021-08-24 08:35:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 4:19 PM PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 17157
> Logged by: Lily Zhang
> Email address: bjzhangl(at)cn(dot)ibm(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 13.3
> Operating system: os390x
>
> 1. Since dict_int is trusted, we create extension of dict_int with normal
> user. But when alter maxlen of intdict, it reports error. This is the
> detail.
> ```
> admin=> create extension dict_int;
> CREATE EXTENSION
> admin=> ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY intdict (MAXLEN = 7);
> ERROR: must be owner of text search dictionary intdict
> ```
> 2. Since pg13 supports trusted extension, we make bloom trusted by changing
> control file. Everything runs well except drop extension with normal user
> who creates this extension.
> ```
> test=> create extension bloom;
> CREATE EXTENSION
> test=> drop extension bloom;
> ERROR: must be superuser to drop access methods
> ```

Hi, here are some of my understanding, hope it can help you:

For (1), if we set an extension "trust", the database will execute the
"create" action as a superuser, so the owner of the created object is the
superuser. I think this is a "feature", not a "bug".

For (2), it was already been fixed in commit:
b1d32d3e3230f00b5baba08f75b4f665c7d6dac6.

--
There is no royal road to learning.
HighGo Software Co.