Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments
Date: 2011-09-10 23:47:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18 August 2011 00:22, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Updated patch attached, along with a revised SQL script to make
>> testing easier. I can add this to the next CF.
>>
>> Note, there is a separate thread[1] with just the psql changes broken
>> out, if it's helpful to consider the psql changes separately from
>> pg_comments. I do need to update the patch posted there with this
>> latest set of changes.
>
> The psql changes mentioned above have been committed, so the only
> piece remaining is the pg_comments view. I did some light touching up
> of the changes in catalogs.sgml: clarify that 'objoid' comes from
> either pg_description or pg_shdescription, and try to use periods a
> bit more consistently.
>
> Rebased and updated patch attached.

Just tested this out on current master. I tried this on every object
capable of having a comment, and the view reports all of them with the
correct details. Doc changes look fine, except for some reason you
removed a full-stop (period) from after "For all other object types,
this column is zero."

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion