Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position
Date: 2016-02-29 17:19:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'd strongly prefer the jsonb_array_insert naming though
> I don't think it's a good idea to use set when this is used on object, I
think that we should throw error in that case.

Well, I thought it's wrong to introduce different functions and behaviour
patterns for objects and arrays, because it's the one data type after all.
But it's just my opinion of course.

> Also this patch needs documentation.

I've added new version in attachments, thanks.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsonb_insert_v2.patch application/octet-stream 17.0 KB