Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
Date: 2023-02-12 02:14:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 2:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Hmmm ... ci autoconf build is now happy, but the Windows run complains
> > that none of the output files match. I'm betting that this is a
> > Windows-newline problem, since I now see that indent.c opens both the
> > input and output files in default (text) mode. I'm inclined to
> > change it to open the output file in binary mode while leaving the
> > input in text, which should have the effect of stripping \r if it's
> > present.
>
> So let's see if that theory is correct at all ...

(Since I happened to be tinkering on cfbot while you posted these, I
noticed that cfbot took over 50 minutes to start processing the v4.
The problem was upstream: the time in the second-last column of
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/ didn't change for that whole
time, even though the archives had your new email. Cf castles, sand;
I should probably get a better trigger mechanism :-) I like that page
because it lets me poll one single end point once per minute to learn
about changes across all threads, but I am not sure what sort of
technology connects the archives to the CF app, and how it can fail.)